Featured post

Calcutta Revisited

My City Chapter I A few days ago, a couple of friends came visiting along with their 4 year old son; both my college buddies and bo...

Monday 4 February 2008

First post..

I didn't know what a blog was until recently. I didn't know there was such a word, leave alone what it meant. I am told, there are conventions, practices, et al, in the world of blogs. I am also told that there is no such thing as an experienced blogger( one who writes blogs). They say it is not civil to post a comment on someone else's blog as an anonymous blogger. It is like visiting someone's home, enjoying his or her hospitality and leaving without saying "Hello!". The Blog is like the blogger's home. Or should I say asylum?!

Well, this sure is my asylum; long years after I discovered "The Lobby". For those who are not JU graduates, the lobby used to be three flights of stairs, separated by three pillars, behind the JU English building. My soul asylum, my refuge from the big, bad world outside(JU), my shelter from the madness all around. Peace...

This blog is to take its place, hopefully!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

however I do say hello after accepting someones hospitality :-)
thanks for reminding me of our ju days
cheers
neba

Cartoonesque said...

Ah! Those were, indeed, the days, weren't they, my friend?! :)

Vivek V. Narayan said...

Nothing new today? :-(
Write something new, please.

Unknown said...

hellooooooooooooooooooooooo
lets have some more thots out of ur closet...............waiting for more.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the big, busy, blog world :)

Cartoonesque said...

All in good time, my friends..Rome was not built in 5 days! Was it?!

Cartoonesque said...

New blog coming up! Are you ready?!